A resource guide for low carb living
where you can find recipes, tips, clips, scientific information and links to help you live the low carb lifestyle.
Recipe of the week
The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.
Green Bean Salad
This is such a fresh, simple salad to enjoy with your main dish.
30 green beans, washed and trimmed
2 stalks of celery; washed, trimmed and sliced
1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
2 tsp of sesame seeds
2 tsp of butter
Pinch of pink sea salt
1. Trim beans and place in steamer for a few moments until slightly soft. Set aside to cool.
2. Cut washed celery stalks lengthwise into thin strips and then into smaller 3 cm long pieces. Place pieces into a salad bowl.
3. Slice red onion and put into salad bowl with the celery.
4. In a small fry pan melt butter and add the sesame seeds. Toast the seeds until the turn a light, golden brown.
5. Add the cooled beans into the salad bowl and spoon in the toasted sesame seeds and butter mix.
6. Lightly mix the ingredients until well combined. Don’t damage the beans by mixing too vigorously.
7. Add a pinch of salt.
8. Drizzle over a generous amount of olive oil.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Source: Beth Woolrich
Check out our other recipes, download them and you'll be armed and ready to live the low carbohydrate lifestyle......